Sunday, August 24, 2008

HAWAII



Ryan and I just got back from our vacation with his family yesterday. We did a lot of crap, ate a lot of crap, and spent some time at the water. The first day we went ATVing and Ziplining up in the mountains. We learned that pretty much everything man has introduced into the ecosystem there has destroyed some native animal or plant. The tour guides sounded pretty bitter about it, but it was entertaining.  I think I looked REALLY good after the ATVing so I thought I'd share....
Ryan and I made the drive to Hana, and that was probably my favorite thing that we did. It took us 8 hours round trip but it was so worth it. The rainforest side of that island is absolutely beautiful. We stopped at Hana Bay and walked over to the red sand beach, then we ate lunch at the beach fast food place (can't remember the name).  Then we drove up to the Seven Sacred Pool. We were going to go swimming but there were FAR too many people there and Ryan and I both hate a lot of people, so we just took some pictures and walked around. On the way back we stopped at the Black Sand beach which is not anything close to sand but more like pebbles. It was interesting to me that I felt closer to my mom while driving to Hana than I have in along time. She loved the beach so much and used to take me there almost everyday when we lived in California. While standing on the rocks looking out at the ocean my thoughts just kept drifting back to her. I think that's why I loved the drive so much.

We also went on a submarine one day and ate at Bubba Gumps twice (which seems to be tradition in the Jones family everytime we go to Hawaii).  All in all it was a fantastic vacation that came at a really good time. I start school again tomorrow for my very LAST semester before I graduate and I couldn't be happier about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I be the first to say it's about FREAKING time you updated your blog! Hello! Some of us live in Colorado and will die without regular updates from people in the real world!

It sounds like the Haiwaii trip was fun! And can I say how excited I am that this is your last semester?

analysand said...

Too bad you didn't dip into the Seven Sacred Pools. For me, it was like swimming in LIQUID GOLD.