Friday, September 26, 2008

This is what happens....

When you are supposed to be studying, but you have a REALLY short attention span....

Story: Ryan and I went to St. George with some people last weekend for my birthday and apparently when someone turns 26, they also decide they want to be really girly from then on. Amy, Wendi and I went to Sephora while down in Las Vegas and I discovered that I wanted to take make up more seriously, or at least start doing something other than the neutral tones I've used for (seriously) the last 10 years. While at the store I got my make up done by a VERY 'done up' male artist who convinced me to go purple. After I got the help with applying it I thought I looked terrifying, but Amy and Wendi assured me that it looked really good and subtle so I went on with my day. When we met up with Ryan again he didn't notice any change, which was a good thing, but when I finally told him and closed my eyes so he could see it his reaction was "eeeegggggh" which was really helpful. He just doesn't like any change though, so I don't feel too bad about it. Anyways, for some reason I suddenly want to buy make up all the time... it's weird I know. I've gone the last 26 years of my life, not caring about makeup in ANY way other than sure, I'll wear whatever Britney tells me too. But now I want to try all sorts of different things. I'm pretty sure if I tried anything too outlandish, Ryan would divorce me, so my options are limited. 

While we were in St. George the dogs almost died... well, sort of.  The girls were out shopping and Ryan was at home playing xbox when I got a frantic call from Ryan saying the dogs had eaten rat poison and he was taking them to the vet. I asked him if he wanted me to come home and he said it would be nice, but I got to thinking what would be the purpose? He wanted me to come home and just wait to hear if they are going to die or not? I'd rather just stay out shopping and not think about it... Does that make me heartless? In the end the vet found absolutely NO rat poison in their stomachs after he had induced vomiting on them. Ryan said they found a bird feather in Karl along with some weird dark red bits that he couldn't identify. Later that night I walked outside and was calling Karl but he was still hiding in the bushes. He usually comes running to the door when we walk out so I searched around a bit for him and found him gnawing  on half of a bird... that explained the feather and dark read guts in his stomach from earlier. I almost vomited and he just kept running from me knowing full well that if I caught him with the bird I was taking it away. So Karl got away with eating a dead bird, which hasn't killed him yet so I think we're in the clear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the pump some addicting substance through the ventilation system at Sephora. And yeah I've never before thought it was okay to spend $40 on one item of makeup but suddenly now, mere weeks from my 26th birthday it's totally justifiable...