Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Freaked

Wilson had a hard day today. Really, I had a hard day today. It included me having a break-down in front of Wilson's crib manifested by bawling on the floor. That's a different story though, not what I came to write about.

So tonight we put him down for bed and I was watching TV out in the front room. A while later I started hearing scratching from somewhere. Ryan was gone walking the dogs so I was all alone. I thought it was the neighbors at first doing something in their back yard. Then it kept happening. Then I started hearing knocking. It sounded like it was coming from the back wall in our house so I started to get a little freaked out.

Another backstory: When Wilson was just barely born I had my own Mitchell from Modern Family experience where I thought I heard someone out in the front room and then go into his room on the baby monitor. Well, I was so freaked out that I didn't even get out of bed to save my son. I was too freaking scared to GET OUT OF BED and save my son. I know, WOW. To be fair, I was sleep deprived and had convinced myself that I was hallucinating the sounds... But let's just say that I was relieved when (after I had gone back to sleep) he woke up crying and hungry a few hours later.

And we're back. recap: I was home alone, scared that someone was in my backyard/house and going to kill me... The knocking continued, then I realized it was coming from the baby monitor. Well, I didn't want to have another Mitchell moment so I got up the courage to open the door to Wilson's room and check on him even though he had been quiet for an hour. Well, apparently (although he had not made a sound for the last hour) he had gotten bored in the dark and had stuck his foot out of the back side of the crib and was kicking the wall.... I walked over to him and he just smiled, eyes wide open. What a brat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously! Little booger! The best part is that it's not like he did something bad, but it's still infuriating! At least he wasn't like peeling off the wall paper or picking a hole in the wall...that's what some kids do when they get bored.

Brit Warner said...

His food? :) And what was the bawling about??

Ficker Family said...

Oh, I am so sorry you were having a "moment". I have them every other day. You know when that happens, you just need to get out of your house and hang out with ME! We'll crochet together. ;)

That little wilson! What a little wiener! Funny non the less.