Monday, June 6, 2011

Pops Comes Home!

My dad and Nancy have been in Hong Kong for the last 18(ish) months on a mission and they came home today. They had a short layover in Salt Lake before going home to Arizona so I coordinated it so they could finally meet Wilson. Wilson was born just a month after they left, so they have only seen him through Skype.

Unfortunately, I was a half hour later from when I thought their plane landed and the flight actually landed a half hour early. By the time got to the baggage claim, there wasn't enough time for them both to come out with their luggage.  So only Pops got to come out and meet little man.

Wilson was being shy so he wouldn't let Pops hold him, but he sat on my lap and.... wouldn't look at him either. Oh dear. But once my dad pushed him around in the stroller he.... still wouldn't let him hold him. But my dad did get to kiss him on the forehead a couple of times. Finally Pops just took him so I could get a picture and this was the result. Hopefully when we see you in a month he'll warm up a little quicker.

3 comments:

Melissa Rees said...

I didn't know that they hadn't met!! That's so cool you got to see them for a minute.

Bonny said...

cool that you two got to see him even for just a minute!

Mr. and Mrs. James said...

Awww! Yay! That's pretty freakin cute.