Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Day

I learned a few lessons today. Thought I'd share my newfound wisdom.

1) Wilson is hard. (I really already knew that) He is as stubborn as his parents. And he can go from happy to sad just like that. (picture me snapping) Here is a picture on the way too (sad and crying) and coming home (happy and adorable) from Costco today.


2) Don't put your keys on the front seat while strapping your baby in the car. I did that last night... And then shut the door... Which means I locked Gretchen in the car... In the Target parking lot.... Right when it started to snow... And I was wearing Toms so my feet were very cold and wet... It was actually quite funny in a sad way. Gretchen was crying the whole time as I walked around and around the car waiting for my AMAZING friend to bring me my spare key. Another AMAZING friend came down too, so I had a warm car to sit while waiting for the keys. All in all it took about 20 minutes, but I felt really bad for Beta.

3) Check the weather before you leave the house (see above story). Who knew Toms actually get SMALLER when wet...

4) I really enjoy driving in the snow. I like to pretend I'm flying the Millennium Falcon into *light speed.


*I had originally put 'warp' speed there, but then asked Ryan to proof read my post. He informed me that Warp speed is a Star Trek term and Light speed is what the Millennium Falcon did. He said, and I quote, "you sound like a doofus"... 

5 comments:

Melissa Rees said...

Glad you got her out ok! I'm SO paranoid about doing that, so I actually never close the door all the way until I'm in. Deacon has learned to play with the locks which just means I'm doomed.

Bonny said...

The doofus thing is hilarious and being amazing is ... Amazing.

Kimberly Allen said...

Reading this post made my day. You really are quite funny.

Brit Warner said...

Hahaha

Jodi said...

Hahahaha! I love the "warp speed" bit. And your kids are adorable. But you already knew that.