Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Maybe I'm Crazy

So this food challenge that I'm doing. Well... it's awful, but that's besides the point. I started drinking Diet Coke (instead of the real thing) sometime two years ago. Since the challenge started I haven't had one. So I've been sober 2 weeks. Maybe I'm crazy, but I swear the lack of Diet Coke affects my happiness far more then the lack of regular Coke ever did. I've gone Coke free before, and yes it was hard, but I could go 4 months (I believe that was my longest drought) without being angry. Since "The Great Switch of 2011" if I've stopped drinking Diet Coke I'm ANGRY the whole time. Is it all in my head? Someone validate my theory... please?


1 comment:

BrieAnn said...

I was watching a food documentary the other day that talked about how the combination of aspartame and caffeine is a toxic one for our brains. So I don't think it's all in your head in the way you meant, but the combo is far more addicting, which might explain why you feel so mean without it.