Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hard Earned Meal


So on my lunch break today I decided I wanted a sandwich... more specifically a sub sandwich. I drove to Subway and waited in the drive-thru for literally 10 minutes behind 3 cars that weren't moving. And if you know me at all you understand that I have ZERO patience, and I couldn't take it anymore so I left. 

Because I wanted a sub sandwich so badly I decided I would try Blimpie. Ryan said it was good, and I can't remember ever having it before. Well when I got to the window to order, I decided I wanted a kids meal because that's all the food I needed. So I order.... Then the guy looks at me and then I see him trying to look in the back of my car... 

"For a kid?" he asks.

"yup." I answered unnerved. 

So then he's looking in the back of my car again really searching around for kid in a car seat. Then he says, "you know the kids meals are for kids 12 and under right?"

I say, "yup. I can't have a kid a home?" 

He still is looking at me really suspiciously, but then finishes the order and gives me my food. I even tried to order really kid like foods like a ham a cheese with nothing on it, and a root beer instead of some highly caffeinated drink.  Anyway, I get my food and leave, then notice that he didn't give me my little treat... I guess he didn't believe me after all. Jerk.

So I think that 12 and under rule is REALLY stupid. I don't want a lot of food dang it, why should I have to pay for it?? It's irritating that they have that age restriction on it. So I usually order a kids meal anyway and nobody has ever said anything about it before. I was surprised he even asked... 

So I'm kind of a bad person... In case you didn't know.


2 comments:

Ames said...

The "12 and under ONLY" rule makes me so mad! Maybe I actually want a smaller portion! And then they wonder why Americans are such fatties.

You should totally contact corporate and complain. Make up a story about having a sick kid at home that's allergic to sunlight and air and you have to bring him food and you don't appreciate them discriminating against you. That'll show 'em.

Anonymous said...

It IS a dumb rule! And I break it all the time too.