Saturday, November 7, 2009

Something Clever

Things I've learned in the last three years, Ryan has a hard time letting things go... We needed to to clear out the baby room because it was becoming kind of a junk area. We had two HUGE leather chairs that were gifted to us from Ryan's parents that we really had no purpose for anymore. It took some convincing, but I finally got Ryan to agree to give them to a friend that was just getting married and didn't have anything for her new apartment. So this was Ryan saying goodbye. There were some tears (not really) but he wanted me to document the love he had for them. Goodbye chairs.

As I mentioned, my friend got married this week up at the Logan Temple. I had never been up there before, so I decided to get their early and take some pictures.
Good story for before the temple... While taking pictures I was not paying attention to where I was walking and I happened to step half off a curb and twist my ankle causing me to fall on the ground and get a wicked bad concrete burn. I didn't have time to clean it off before the wedding so I had to just go to the ceremony with a bloody knee. I didn't want people to notice so I just tried to cover it with my dress, which meant the dress was sticking to the skin burn making it STING the entire ceremony. I wanted to die. Then all the little old lady temple workers saw me walking in the hall with a bloody knee and ran up to me asking if I was okay, then if the baby was okay... I hate attention... so it was awkward.
After the pictures were done I had a chance to visit my friend, Martha, and her two month old twins. Man they were cute!! Martha is awesome and inspired me (along with Diana Harmon) that I CAN do cloth diapers. I think we're really going to do it, but I'm still a little nervous. Martha also showed me how to make my own baby wipes, and they are SUPER easy.

Moving on: Ryan and I had a "date night" tonight. Earlier in the day Ryan was surfing the internet he found a product named the "Batter Blaster" and became obsessed with it. He decided that he HAD to try it even with my protesting. So we cooked dinner together making hash brows, bacon and the pancakes.
So just to let you know... the Batter Blaster sucks. I had to use half the can before I finally got some decent looking pancakes. they came out as thin as a sheet of paper, and they had absolutely no taste. So once again, I was right.

P.S. I need a better lens.... and photoshop

2 comments:

Brit Warner said...

lacee, you make me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Of course you were right! And OF COURSE Ryan had to try something called the "Batter Blaster."