Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm a Winner

Ryan and I have been "blessed" to be Scout leaders for the last year and a half. Which means every Tuesday we meet at the church and have some sort of activity for the boys. Ryan has been nice enough to take over the last 6 months and plan all the activities, while I've been going to the Sunday meetings. It works out pretty well. Today Ryan planned a fun game where the boys wrote down three truths about themselves and one lie and the other boys had to decide which was the lie. The boys loved it, and decided that Ryan and I should also come up with three truths and one lie and they had to guess which one I we'd lied about. I panicked. I don't like being put on the spot... I don't care if they are just 9 years old. We said we would play a different game first and give me time to think about what I was going to say... but I forgot. So Ryan went first to give me more time to think... I wrote down four things in a panic... what did I write down?

1. I grew up in Arizona
2. I'm due on December 27th
3. I talked to imaginary people all the time when I was a kid
4. I played college basketball

So which one is the lie.

None of them. I'm an idiot and can't follow directions. Especially in a panicked state. I told all truths because I don't know how to play games. Way to ruin it Sister Jones.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is FANTASTIC! I hate games like that too. Or when they want you to come up with something NO ONE ELSE KNOWS as a way to get to know you better. I always panic.

Brit Warner said...

Anxiety around 9 year old boys...hmmm..You might want to see a doctor. You are the best!

nelliebrooke said...

I decided you need to post everyday. I need a daily laugh. You crack me up.

amysteele said...

I agree with Brooke I always get a good laugh or a little puzzled.! And that Zebra on your page drives me crazy because he should be facing the other way Right?