Friday, May 28, 2010

They Lied


Courtney came over tonight with the above book, and had high hopes to make some adorable little chick cupcakes. The book made it seem so easy! But let me assure you, they were not. Maybe if I had all of the tools they suggested it would have worked better, but he had to just make due.

A lot of them turned out horrible. And the one pictured was the very last attempt out of 12 cupcakes. Yeah, it took us a while to figure things out.

All-in-all it was still a fun activity. It just wasn't as easy as the book would lead you to believe.

4 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. James said...

One thing is for sure: these cupcakes are for looking, not for tasting. I can tell you that right now.


Well, maybe just because I chose to use my fingers to frost the cupcakes.

BreAnna said...

Okay, they look hard but that duck butt one is darling

The Baker said...

O, I want that book! I have the tools though.
BTW, I loved the Alchemist.

Anna said...

Found your blog. :) You can click on my name from this comment to find mine. Oh, and I think the ducks you made look so much cuter! The ones on the book cover look fake and non-edible.